WHO ARE WE? WHAT IS OUR MISSION?
Established April 2007 in the illustrious Atlanta,Georgia.
Trans(forming) is a membership-based organization led by trans men, intersex, gender non-conforming people of color, wrongly assigned female at birth (including those who ID as male/ man) and those who are questioning. The organization hosts monthly meetings, social gatherings, provides resources and all around transitional support. We exist to share information, provide social support, camaraderie, and to assist members in their transition.
We are open to collaborating ,where appropriate, with other groups and organizations with the end goal being to provide new or improved services to our membership.
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE A MEMBER?
To be a member of Trans(forming) one must:
- Attend At Least 4 Trans(forming) Events Annually
- Fill Out An Intake Form (demographics)
- Sign And Agree To A Confidentiality Agreement
- Pay An Annual Membership. We Offer Many Different Options In Payment Method( Debit/Credit via Cash App, Cash and Check) And We Are Always Taking Donations.
Payment frequency includes:
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP?
- A 13 Year Built In Sibling-Hood
- A Support Group With Up To Date, Accurate Information
- Connect To Doctors And Other Medical Professionals
- Document Change Help And Assistance Paying
- Legal Assistance
- Surgery Support
- Social Events
- Prison ,Reentry and, Legal Support
- HIV Prevention and sexual health education and linkage for HIV+
- Leadership Development Opportunities
- Volunteer And Contract Employment Opportunities
- Trips To Major Trans Conference(s)
WHAT DO WE DO?
- Train Doctors And Lawyers To be trans competent
- HIV and sexual health prevention and education
- Help With Locating - Competent Doctors And Lawyers
- Prison Project
- Monthly Educational Meetings For Members
- Document Assistance(passports, Name Change, Social Security, Etc)
- Social And Downtime Support(Dinners And Get Together)
- Write Think Pieces
- We Have Collaboration Projects With Other Orgs
- Participate In Panels
- Our Current Membership Is From 17-66 Years Of Age
- We Have A Diverse Membership But Mostly People Of Color
- And much more