WHO ARE WE? WHAT IS OUR MISSION?
Established April 2007 in the illustrious Atlanta,Georgia.
Trans(forming) is a membership-based organization led by trans men, intersex, gender non-conforming people of color, assigned female at birth (including those who ID as male/ man) and those who are questioning. The organization hosts monthly meetings, social gatherings, provides resources and all around transitional support. We exist to share information, provide social support, camaraderie, and to assist members in their transition.
We are open to collaborating ,where appropriate, with other groups and organizations with the end goal being to provide new or improved services to our membership.
WHAT DO WE DO?
- Train Doctors And Lawyers To Be AFAB-Competent
- Help With Locating AFAB-Competent Doctors And Lawyers
- Prison Project
- Monthly Educational Meetings For Members
- Document Assistance(passports, Name Change, Social Security, Etc)
- Social And Downtime Support(Dinners And Get Together)
- Write Think Pieces
- We Have Collaboration Projects With Other Orgs
- Participate In Panels
- Our Current Membership Is From 17-66 Years Of Age
- We have a diverse membership but mostly People Of Color
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE A MEMBER?
To be a member of Trans(forming) one must attend at least 4 events annually, volunteer at least twice a year and pay a annual membership. We offer many different options in payment method( Debit/Credit via Cash App, Cash and Check) and we are always taking donations.
Payment frequency includes:
Annual Membership- $30.00 and you receive a T-Shirt.
Semi Annual Membership-2 payments of $15.00.
Per Meeting- $3.00.
WHY SHOULD I PAY DUES?
Dues allow Trans(forming) to provide support around day to day life, transitional needs, document projects and a sundry of other things that going along with being a person in transition. Also, it assists in making this a personal experience. We have noticed that when people put a little "skin in the game" they take an active role in their own experience.